Show simple item record

dc.creatorHuettner, Alfred F. (Alfred Francis), b. 1884en_US
dc.date.accessioned2012-05-15T14:00:32Z
dc.date.available2012-05-15T14:00:32Z
dc.date.created1919en_US
dc.date.issued2012-05-15
dc.identifier.otherhttp://hdl.handle.net/10776/2192
dc.identifier.urihttps://hdl.handle.net/1912/21016
dc.descriptionThe Crane Building and the Candle House. Crane was the first permanent building built by the MBL. Donated by Charles R. Crane in 1914, the Candle House has served many purposes in its 152 year history. Originally a spermaceti candle factory, it also was a supply house and store for the whaling ships that came to Woods Hole. Later, as an MBL facility, it served the Supply Department and was known as the Hotel Majestic by those bunking on its top floor. It has housed the MBL administration since 1982.en_US
dc.descriptionLooking east on Water Street Crane Building, Candle House and Marine Biological Laboratory Club on righten_US
dc.format.mediumimage/tif
dc.publisherMarine Biological Laboratory Archivesen_US
dc.relation.ispartofAlfred F. Huettner Photograph Collection, MBL Archivesen_US
dc.sourceMBL Huettner Collection, 097en_US
dc.subject.lcshWoods Hole (Mass.)en_US
dc.titleMBL Crane and Candle House buildingsen_US
dc.typeStill Imageen_US
dc.rights.licenseLicensed as Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
dc.subject.mblhistoryCampusen_US
dc.description.typePhotographsen_US
dc.date.createdstandard1919
dc.subject.embryoPlaces
dc.subject.embryoOrganizations


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record